" As a 1928 office building, 300 W. Adams St. displays 12 stories of terra cotta clad exterior with style. The distinctive Gothic Revival architectural details are the literal 'icing' on this 100 year old masterpiece. The forged decorative revolving brass doors invite visitors to come in, enjoy views, & conduct business. Architect Jens J. Jensen immigrated to Chicago with his parents from Denmark in 1901, aged 9. He obtained his degree at the early Illinois Institute of Technology before becoming an architect. "
" His success: pleasing any client with nearly any style and any size. This characteristic marked his noteworthy accomplishments for many decades in Chicago. Kudos to Danish-American foresight! " - Photographer D.D Herndon
- The metallic print process Deborah uses provides depth and color saturation, and adds a third dimension to the image, as if you are there.
- 10.5"x 14" image, matted and framed with glass & 16" x 20" black wood frame.
- Limited Edition of 29, titled, numbered and signed. Copyrighted and trademarked. All come with the photograph's back story, photographer bio, and artist statement.
- D. D. Herndon's interest in architectural details stem from her background in Anthropology & Sociology (B.A.), Urban Planning (Masters), and legal career (J.D.)
- Citywoods is proud to have this exclusive body of work permanently in our store and online.