"The undlating Monadnock Bldg was designed by famed Chicago architects Burnham & Root in 1891. It arose from the blackened ashes of the Chicago Fire of 1871. 'Monadnock' is a geology term for a freestanding mountain surrounded by plains. The 1st Floor was designed for shops, and the next 16 floors for offices; the world's tallest office building when completed!" - Photographer D.D.Herndon
- The metallic print process Deborah uses provides depth and color saturation, and adds a third dimension to the image, as if you are there.
- 10.5"x 14" image, matted and framed with glass & 16" x 20" black wood frame.
- Limited Edition of 29, titled, numbered and signed. Copyrighted and trademarked. All come with the photograph's back story, photographer bio, and artist statement.
- D. D. Herndon's interest in architectural details stem from her background in Anthropology & Sociology (B.A.), Urban Planning (Masters), and legal career (J.D.)
- Citywoods is proud to have this exclusive body of work permanently in our store and online.